Arsene wenger's 67th birthday

Arsene Wenger admits the outcome of Arsenal's clash with Middlesbrough on Saturday will determine the mood of his 67th birthday celebrations.
The Gunners boss insists his family have learned the futility of celebrating the occasion knowing the effect a poor result might have on any plans so instead he will watch a match at home on TV or go for a run.
Wenger's birthday is on Saturday, the same day Arsenal host Aitor Karanka's side, but the Frenchman insists his attitude is one which would be shared by all managers
"If God exists and one day I go up there, he will ask me if I want to come in what have I done in my life and the only answer I'll have is that I tried to win football games" said the frenchman.
"So he will say 'so is that all you've done?'. And the only answer I'll have is that it's not as easy as it looks."
Wenger is now the second-oldest manager in English football behind Cardiff's Neil Warnock, but he views age as irrelevant to his ability to do the job and admits he does not like the 'retirement' word.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.